Small Country with Huge Growth Prospects for Freight Forwarders
Mauritius is a key country in the world when it comes to export import and trans-shipment trade. Due to its relevance in export import, freight forwarders have a large role to play here. The Freight Forwarding industry here is thriving on the growth of the logistics industry and we can see forwarders being present in the industry for considerably longer time.
But, Freight Forwarders in Mauritius often find manual operations a significant hurdle to scale their operational capabilities. Even though, the emphasis on technology adoption is huge, the rate of adoption is way too less to increase the growth prospects.
A Large Scale Freight Forwarder Seeking Well Streamlined Operational Flow
Our client is a large freight forwarder in Mauritius and has been dominating the country’s maritime sector for decades and offers a wide range of services. When the volumes kept surging, scalability and improving capacity was of utmost importance. But, the potential bottleneck that causes significant operational delays is the legacy system that works in tandem with manual operations. In addition to this, unprecedented data redundancies and errors as well consumed hours of operations in paperwork and eventually led to revenue leakage. Surprisingly, lack of proper communication among the organizational hierarchies too ended up causing occupational hazards.
Addressing Key Challenges with Digitization
The client requires a future-ready solution to consolidate their operations at the terminal and ensure they looked at addressing
- Disparate operations with manual operations
- Inaccurate Data Leading to Revenue Leakage
- Zero to Very Less Real-time Business visibility being
- Improving scalability
- Lack of Compliance Adherence Mechanism
Enabling Scalable & Flexible Operations with CORVI
Kale Logistics Solutions was seen as the go-to IT solution provider in Mauritius with its multi-modal digital capabilities with focus on trade facilitation. CORVI, its flagship Freight Forwarding ERP system offers best-in-class modules to manage global operations in a unified form. Be it freight forwarding, sales & CRM, multimodal operations, document sharing, invoicing or EDI, CORVI manages every aspect in a single frame and eliminates the need of isolated systems. In turn, it eliminates disparate forwarding functions. It thus ensures time-efficient, cost-efficient operations and improved bottom line results.
Transformational Changes Achieved with CORVI
- End-to-End Interface with Customs and cargo community service for filing bill of entry, manifest and container movement
- Managing Sales and Operations through a Single Window System Diligently
- Helps to manage customer complaints and feedback
- Easy Upload of Vendor Rate & Selling Rate to Maintain a Standard Procedure
- End-to-End Control on Rate Management
- Exclusive Module to Handle Freight Forwarding Related Warehouse Operations
- e-Docket feature facilitates document sharing within stakeholder network and online approvals
- Easy integration with leading financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems like SAP, Oracle etc.
- Exclusive Module to handle Packing of Export Shipments
- Alert Sharing through Email within the Organization on arrival of Shipments
- Support for strategic decision making through in-built Business Intelligence module
- End-to-End Tracking Capabilities with Milestone Status Update Sharing
- Pro-Active alerts about shipment milestone
- Informed decision making capabilities with Business Intelligence Tools
- Quick ROI realization
- Real-time visibility and status updates from multiple systems
- Operational Visibility and Controls
- Improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Customer portal for complaints and feedback
“CORVI is the right solution that fell in line with our requirements and operations streamlined seamlessly. Also, the enterprise system was integrated with our daily operations and went live in a short time with active management and team involvement. Most of the elements are in use which has helped us streamline our sales and operations. Now our system is well integrated and operations are smooth.”
– Managing Director